Sapphire Education & Training

start learning with us, get in touch

follow us:

start learning with us, get in touch:

start learning with us, get in touch:

Employers

Sapphire Education
& Training

CONTACT US TODAY – 0121 728 3294

Adult Care Worker Level 2

Apprenticeships as a cost-effective way to recruit new staff and when incorporated into a training and development plan they will not only increase productivity but also ensure your workforce is highly skilled and ahead of latest developments in the sector. Below are some of the key benefits of hiring apprenticeships.

image09-min

FUTURE-PROOF YOUR BUSINESS

Employing an apprentice is a cost effective and sustainable way to help build and grow a strong capable workforce. Apprentices receive training and support to help develop the knowledge, skills and understanding they require to fit into key roles within your organisation.

FILL YOUR SKILLS GAP

Sapphire Education and Training is designed to recruit apprentices around your individual business needs. If you feel you need to develop a specific skill set within the business or keep up to date with the latest practices within your sector, hiring an apprentice can aid that development.

image07-min image06-min

DEVELOP EXISTING STAFF

Existing staff can also be trained through an apprenticeship. Training existing staff helps develop the specialist skills needed to keep up to date with the latest practices and helps create a loyal and happy workforce.

INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY

On-the-job training means employees gain valuable skills and knowledge directly relevant to your business. They can immediately put their knowledge and learning into practice, making a real contribution to improving productivity.

image05-min image010-min

INCREASE MOTIVATION ACROSS TEAMS

Investing in career development improves employee satisfaction resulting in a more motivated and loyal team. Apprenticeships can help train and develop ‘Managers of the Future’ by delivering quality on-the-job training and support.

REDUCE TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT COSTS

Sapphire Education and Training provides a free recruitment service and work with you to train your apprentice.

image011-min

The apprenticeship levy

The apprenticeship levy is a form of taxation designed to help companies offer more apprenticeships. It was originally introduced in April 2017 to benefit businesses by boosting essential training and developing apprenticeship programs It is known as the levy.

The apprenticeship levy can be incredibly beneficial to businesses, boosting essential training and developing apprenticeship programs as well as increasing employee engagement.

The government apprenticeship levy is a tax paid by employers:

  • It applies to those with a payroll of more than £3 million

  • It is used to fund apprenticeship training

  • The levy is charged at 0.5% of an employer’s total payroll

  • It is collected monthly through PAYE

Levy contributions appear in a digital account which can be used by the employer to arrange and pay for apprenticeship training.

Non levy employers

Companies with a payroll of less than £3 million do not pay the apprenticeship levy. Instead, non-levied companies can opt to part-fund an apprenticeship programme through the process of ‘co-investment’.

  • The co-investment option sees employers pay 5% of apprenticeship course costs, with the government contributing the remaining 95%. This means that non-levied companies have the option to access an apprenticeship programme by paying 5% of the cost.

  • If a levy paying company runs out of funding in their account, the co-investment option is available for them too.

  • If the employer has fewer than 50 employers, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding bans for apprentices aged; 16-18 or 19-24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in care of their local authority.

Employer incentives

To help businesses offer new apprenticeships, employers will be able to claim an incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice between 1st August 2020 and31st March 2021.

  • For every apprentice that is a new employee employer will get up to £2000 if they are agreed 16-24 and up to £1,500 if they are over 25.

  • Employers can also receive an additional payment of £1,000 if the apprentice starts the apprenticeship aged: 16-18 or 19-24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in care of their local authority.

Be Our Next Success Story, Get In Touch Today

0121 728 3294

Make An Enquiry Today

  • Optional section